Store your unique credential on a hardware-backed security key and take it wherever you go from mobile to desktop. No more storing sensitive secrets on your mobile phone, leaving your account vulnerable to takeovers. With the Yubico Authenticator you can raise the bar for security.
The Yubico Authenticator generates a one time code used to verify your identity as you’re logging into various services. No connectivity needed!
Features on desktop include:
- Touch Authentication - Touch the YubiKey 5 Series security key to store your credential on the YubiKey
- Easy Setup - QR codes available from the services you wish to protect with strong authentication
- User Presence - New codes generated with just a touch of the YubiKey
- Compatible - Secure all the services currently compatible with other Authenticator apps
- Secure - Hardware-backed strong two-factor authentication with secret stored on the YubiKey, not on the desktop
- Versatile - Support for multiple work and personal accounts
- Portable - Get the same set of codes across our other Yubico Authenticator apps for desktops as well as for all leading mobile platforms
- Flexible - Support for time-based and counter-based code generation
Experience security the modern way with the Yubico Authenticator. Visit yubico.com to learn more.
This snap bundles its own version of the pcscd daemon, and is not compatible with running a system-wide version of pcscd.
To stop the system-wide pcscd:
sudo systemctl stop pcscd sudo systemctl stop pcscd.socket
To restart the bundled pcscd:
sudo snap restart yubioath-desktop.pcscd