Whatsie is a Lightweight, feature-rich WhatsApp web client written in Qt QWebEngine Library.
Beautiful desktop client for WhatsApp Web available for Linux Desktop. Whatsie uses WhatsApp Web, and it requires having WhatsApp Messenger installed and configured on your mobile device, nowadays Whatsie can be used independently without requiring your Mobile phone to be connected to the Internet. You can opt-in for Whatsapp beta while logging in.
Whatsie is packed with lots of features that are unique in Whatsie most notably the App Lock feature that allows users to set lock Whatsie with a pass-code to avoid access to someone from using your Whatsapp messages while you are away from your laptop or computer.
You can use all the features that WhatsApp web provides, like Sending Voice notes, Sending pictures using your Web Cam, etc.
- Light and Dark Themes with automatic switching using set Sunshine to Sunset time
- Customised Notifications & Native Notifications support
- Mute Audio, Disable Notifications
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Quick Theme toggle
- SystemTray Support
- Built-in download manager
- App Lock feature with auto-lock settings
- App permission manager
- Built-in Spell Checker (with support for 31 major languages)
- Fusion, Adwaita, and Windows widget style support with Dark and Light variants
- Full view support, makes the web app container occupy all available space
- Dynamic Zoom feature, lets you increase zoom when you maximize the window
- Full system integration: Support single instance, WhatsApp web URLs, and more
- Other settings that let you control every aspect of Web-app
What's new: 25 June update:
- feat: Added Theme toggle action in the system tray and app shortcut Ctrl+T
- feat: Setting can be opened with Ctrl+P
- feat: Fadeout animation in app lock Unlock
- feat: New Command-line options, most of these are to interact with running instance of WhatSie.
- fix: Changes (mostly nonvisible) in app lock flow