Simple Budget is a simple "off line" stand alone app that I created for myself to provide a simple “envelope” style budgeting program that would carry over from month to month, and track spending.
Here is a list of NON-features:
- It does not have any bells and whistles.
- It is not “internationalized” and uses the “$”.
- Since I initially wrote if for myself, it is in “English”.
- It does not encrypt its data file.
- It does not access the Internet.
- You can not access it on-line.
- There is no smartphone app for it.
- It does not display ads.
- And it does not spy on you.
What it does do:
- Keeps track of your spending.
- Allows you to track your saving for a budget fund month to month.
- It is easy.
- It is free. Use at your own risk, It is a work in progress.
** Printing from the snap:** This command may need to be run after the snap is installed to get the printing working:
sudo snap connect simplebudget:cups-control :cups-control
Online help is available at http://simplebudget.mcdougallshome.net