Search and Rescue II (SaR2) is a rescue helicopter simulator for Linux. In it you can fly several helicopter and airplane models in some basic scenarios.
SaR II has low graphic requirements while still provides a fun and demanding gameplay where the player needs to locate, pick-up and rescue victims of all sorts in steep mountains, burning buildings or in the sea. It is an old game but it is a lot of fun to play and it is relatively easy to create new missions and scenarios. Please report any issues and feel free to contribute to its development!
Input from multiple joysticks is supported, including rudder pedals.
New in v2.5.0:
- Improve lagging on touch-down event.
- Fix crash when loading Free Flight mode.
- Add wind support and aerodynamic drag.
- Add 2 training missions in windy weather.
- Add support for wind gusts.
- Rework airplane physics and stalling conditions.
- Adjust models for more realistic speed and service ceiling conditions.
- Allow a minimum helicopter throotle to 25% (previously it was 50%).
- Let smoke be carried by the wind.
- Add a switch in simulation options to enable/disable Wind.
- Add wind conditions to all Guadarrama missions.