Puppetry is an open-source scriptless test automation tool built on top of Google’s Puppeteer. It can be used by QA engineers with no programming background. Puppetry can also export the tests into a Jest.js project that can be included into CI/CD pipeline.
- Can be used by QA engineers with no programming background
- Features Headless Chrome (Puppeteer) and Jest
- Tests can run within the application as well as to be exported e.g. for CI-server
- as Jest.js project, ready to plugin in in CI/CD pipeline
- as human-readable test specification provided with screenshots per test step.
- Staging, template variables and expressions
- Reusable and configurable test scenarios
- Built-in automation recorder
- Interactive mode, where one can navigate test steps similar to Cypress
- Version control (GIT integration)
- Support Allure test reports
- Support of distinct testing types:
- Functional testing
- Testing Dynamic Content
- Exhaustive Testing
- Performance Testing
- CSS Regression Testing
- Testing Google Analytics tracking code
- Testing Chrome Extensions
- Testing Shadow DOM
- Testing Transactional Emails.