Do you need to clean up your music library? Picard is an open-source cross-platform music tagger by MusicBrainz. It has the ability to identify audio files even without any existing metadata.
Picard helps you organize your music collection by renaming your music files and sorting them into a folder structure exactly the way you want it. A variety of plugins are available and you can even write your own. Picard supports a wide range of audio formats and can also lookup an entire CD for you.
- Multiple formats: Picard supports all popular music formats, including MP3, FLAC, OGG, M4A, WMA, WAV, and more.
- AcoustID: Picard uses AcoustID audio fingerprints, allowing files to be identified by the actual music, even if they have no metadata.
- Comprehensive database: Picard uses the open and community-maintained MusicBrainz database to provide accurate information about millions of music releases.
- CD lookups: Picard can lookup entire music CDs with a click.
- Plugin support: If you need a particular feature, you can choose from a selection of available plugins or write your own.
- Scripting: A flexible but easy to learn scripting language allows you to exactly specify how your music files will be named and how the tags will look like.
- Open Source: Picard is licensed under the GNU General Public License 2.0 or later, and is hosted on GitHub where it is actively developed by some awesome developers.