Nuspell is a fast and safe spelling checker software program. It is designed for languages with rich morphology and complex word compounding. Nuspell is written in modern C++ and it supports Hunspell dictionaries.
Main features of Nuspell spelling checker:
- Provides software library and command-line tool.
- Suggests high-quality spelling corrections.
- Backward compatibility with Hunspell dictionary file format.
- Up to 3 times faster than Hunspell.
- Full Unicode support backed by ICU.
- Twofold affix stripping (for agglutinative languages, like Azeri, Basque, Estonian, Finnish, Hungarian, Turkish, etc.).
- Supports complex compounds (for example, Hungarian, German and Dutch).
- Supports advanced features, for example: special casing rules (Turkish dotted i or German sharp s), conditional affixes, circumfixes, fogemorphemes, forbidden words, pseudoroots and homonyms.
- Free and open source software. Licensed under GNU LGPL v3 or later.