Nim is a compiled, garbage-collected systems programming language with a design that focuses on efficiency, expressiveness, and elegance.
$ snap install nim-lang-nightly --classic
Includes the complete Nim toolchain:
- nim-lang-nightly.nim - Nim compiler
- nim-lang-nightly.nimble - Nim package manager
Use the snap alias function to shorten commands for ease of use:
sudo snap alias nim-lang-nightly.nim nim
You can install nim-lang, nim-lang-nightly, and nim-lang-lts-1 side-by-side with snaps.
Additional Nim resources:
- https://nim-lang.org/ - Nim Website
- https://nim-lang.org/learn.html - Tutorials
- https://nim-lang.org/documentation.html - Documentation
- https://forum.nim-lang.org/ - Forum
- https://github.com/nim-lang/Nim - Nim GitHub Page
- https://www.manning.com/books/nim-in-action - Book from Manning Publications