GNU nano is an easy-to-use text editor originally designed as a replacement for Pico, the ncurses-based editor from the non-free mailer package Pine (itself now available under the Apache License as Alpine).
However, GNU nano also implements many features missing in Pico, including:
- line numbering
- syntax coloring
- soft-wrapping of overlong lines
- selecting text by holding Shift
- interactive search and replace (with regular expression support)
- a go-to line (and column) command
- support for multiple file buffers
- tab completion of filenames and search terms
- toggling features while running
- and full internationalization support
This snap is maintained by the Snapcrafters community and is not endorsed or officially maintained by the upstream developers.