Creating a crontab file can be challenging sometimes as its format is not entirely intuitive. This is a very simple and basic free app to generate crontab scheduler syntax for scheduling applications or commands to run. You can create any custom schedule with fine-tuning the months, days, hours, minutes you want to run a specific command or application.
The application also has a few embedded examples, if you want to better understand how a crontab schedule syntax looks like and it also gives you useful ideas.
** Main Features of Mkcron : **
- Neat easy to understand User interface.
- Help you in generating complete crontab schedule syntax by allowing you to set Program parameters and arguments.
- Highlights meaning of every component of syntax in human-readable form for easy understanding.
- Allows you to save/bookmark your schedules for future use.
- Shows upcoming execution date-time of schedule while creating syntax.
- Comes with a lot of pre-built mostly used schedule examples which let you create new tasks easily.
- There is a random schedule generator built inside the app which can create random schedules for you and help you learn crontab syntax.