Micro is a terminal-based text editor that aims to be easy to use and intuitive, while also taking advantage of the full capabilities of modern terminals.
Micro has standard keybindings (Ctrl-s to save, Ctrl-z to undo, Ctrl-q to quit, etc...) and supports a wide variety of features, including:
- Syntax highlighting (over 140 languages supported)
- Multiple cursors
- Configurable keybindings and settings (tab width, tabs vs. spaces, diff gutter, etc...)
- Built-in terminal emulator
- Splits and tabs
- Automatic linting and commenting via Lua plugins
- Plugin manager to download additional Lua plugins other users have made
- And much more!