mu is a tool for dealing with e-mail messages stored in the Maildir-format, on Unix-like systems. mu’s main purpose is to help you to find the messages you need, quickly; in addition, it allows you to view messages, extract attachments, create new maildirs and more.
- fast indexing for Maildir, Maildir+ and Maildir-on-VFAT
- search for messages based on the sender, receiver, subject, date-range, size, priority, words in message, flags (signed, encrypted, new, replied, has-attachment,…), message-id, maildir, tags, attachment (name, mime-type, text) and more
- support for encrypted and signed messages
- command-line tools for indexing, searching, viewing, adding/removing messages, extracting attachments, exporting/searching address lists, creating maildirs
- accent/case normalization - so angstrom matches Ångström
- can be integrated with other e-mail clients such as mutt and Wanderlust.
- mu4e, an emacs-based e-mail client based on mu