Islam Companion allows users to read Quran and Hadith. It provides two applications. A Hadith reader and a Quran reader.
The Quran text can be read in following languages: Amharic, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Bosnian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Amazigh, Czech, German, Divehi, Spanish, English, Persian, French, Hindi, Hausa, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Kurdish, Malayalam, Malay, Dutch, Norwegian, Portuguese, Polish, Russian, Romanian, Swedish, Somali, Sindhi, Albanian, Swahili, Turkish, Tajik, Tamil, Tatar, Thai, Uzbek, Urdu, Uyghur and Chinese.
Hadith text can be read in Urdu, English and Arabic languages.
To report bugs or make feature requests, post an issue on: https://github.com/pakjiddat/islam-companion-desktop-reader/issues. Constructive feedback is most welcome !.
- Translations of the Quran were obtained from: https://tanzil.net/trans/
- Translations of the Hadith were obtained from: http://www.hadithcollection.com/downloads.html
- Icons were obtained from: https://www.iconfinder.com/
- Banner image was obtained from: https://pixabay.com/
- Language fonts were obtained from:
- Persian and Uyghur: https://fontlibrary.org/en/font/xb-shafigh
- Sindhi: https://fonts2u.com/zaheer-sindhi.font
- Amharic: https://www.metaappz.com/References/Amharic_Fonts.aspx
- Divehi: https://www.fontspace.com/mv-dawlatulislam-font-f22932
- Kurdish: https://www.kurdfonts.com/font-info/609
- The quran and hadith readers were developed using the PyQt5 framework. The applications were developed in Python language and use Sqlite3 for the database.