Part of a philosophy, part of a concept. Change gears in 2021 with us!
F|P is currently the beta preview of something bigger to come, integrating with Trello. In fact, it's just the beta of the Trello integration (stop laughing! :) )
It can be used as an in many ways basic, but fast Trello client with some extras for Linux (also available for Windows).
(In a few keywords: agile, app, productivity, quick, in development, Linux-first, keyboard-first, free/affordable, Trello)
(Btw we like Trello! if you don't know about it, I guess feel free to get acquainted at: https://trello.com/ - also, the app won't do much without a Trello account.)
Still, perhaps this nippy app, could be called an agile tool, can already help - whether when zoning in, or looking out (e.g. when planning a sprint) - more info (incl. Kickstarter link) at https://f-p.app, feel free to try! (The video is roughly from October, with a bit of luck something better gets created relatively soon...)
What's waiting for you?
From the top of my mind:
- advanced editing features for the card description (I think fellow devs will recognize some of the much missed essentials)
- the standard checklist items on steroids (except for creation, but even multiple - of course there's more to come here),
- a quick (local) search ('filter') + sorting on the current list/board,
- a mostly followed keyboard-first principle: many shortcuts
- apparently handles cards well in the 100s, although speed is more a future priority
- a touch of green: highly likely significantly reduced memory/CPU footprint (to be re-evaluated soon) compared to a handful of alternatives
- adaptive theming
- an alternative take on story point estimates: https://bit.ly/393FKqP (What are story points? https://bit.ly/2Xg9MC6 )
- of course, hiccups :) but it's just a beta, don't give up yet!
- and many, many tiny features, considerations, concepts ... although even more numerous missing :))
You'll need to enable certain privileges for the app after snap installs it, for networking and password storage. This can be accomplished by:
snap connect focus-project:password-manager-service
And you should be typically good to go - start
focus-project, e.g. from the launcher!
(Confession: when running it from the console, you'll also see a number of warnings, and perhaps an error about a missing
en locale, each of yet unidentified origins ¯\(ツ)/¯
** Troubleshooting **
You might also need to allow (seems it isn't a strict requirement on newer distros):
snap connect focus-project:network-control
And then some distros may not like it, e.g. it didn't seem to be allowed to run on an up to date Lubuntu 20.10 on 13/01/2021, despite providing the interfaces.)
The app is currently free and will likely remain free of charge without ads for a broad audience (well, wouldn't ads just defeat the purpose? :) ) especially for personal, academic and open-source use.
Even for professional use, a very reasonable pricing is in mind.
Disclaimer: We are not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by or in any way officially connected to Trello, Inc. (https://trello.com/).