A quick, keyboard-first free/affordable agile productivity app for Trello with Linux support
More screenshots are at https://f-p.app/gallery.html
Part of a philosophy, part of a concept. Change gears in 2021 with us! An appetizer for the planned Focus|Project, come and try!
It can now be thought of as a tiny agile tool, a
- basic, but fast Trello client with some extras (search, edit/"imagify" & prioritize your cards and todos rapidly), or
- a note/snapshot taking PC app with a Trello backend (Joplin, MicroPad, Simplenote are perhaps somewhat similar tools)
Perhaps this nippy app can already help - whether when zoning in, or looking out (e.g. when planning a sprint) - more info at https://f-p.app, feel free to try (the video from last year... things improved :) )
And when it just isn't enough ... you're welcome to go for Trello's rich functionality powerhouse, including their mobile app!
(Btw we like Trello! Feel free to get acquainted at: https://trello.com/ if need be - the app won't do much without a Trello account.)
What's waiting for you?
From the top of my mind:
- NEW: Cover support (nearing completion)
- NEW: some Offline Mode (incomplete beta)
- new: Data Snapshots - helps to undo, or view/check back offline! (incomplete)
- Introductory Wayland global shortcut support
- Advanced todo support (due date, member), create several quickly!
- Take screenshots (as description/attachment), view and edit images (annotate, flip, resize ...)
- Basic attachments support on the active card - view, add, delete, save, drag & drop into the description
- Insert (paste) images at cursor, snoozable Trello notifications overview ("very beta")
- Clipboard-friendly hyperlink editor, with some rich editing features
- Advanced editing features for the card description (devs: we do go beyond the basic "Notepad" experience), to take markdown notes quickly - add rich content directly from the clipboard/drag&drops (gets more or less converted)
- Standard due dates (e.g. "due tomorrow")
- Checklist items on steroids (multi-item ops + rich editing - an easy way to link to a subtask card if its link is on the clipboard)
- A quick "local" search ('filter') + sorting on the current list/board,
- A mostly followed keyboard-first principle: many shortcuts
- Apparently handles cards well in the 100s or even 1000s
- a touch of green, adaptive theming, fuzzy story point estimates: https://bit.ly/393FKqP (What are story points? https://bit.ly/2Xg9MC6 )
- Of course, hiccups :) but it's just a beta, don't give up yet!
- And many, many tiny features, considerations, concepts ... although even more numerous missing :))
- Windows: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/focus-project-for-trello-preview/9nzn3t1r9bnt
At a minimum, privileges need to be granted to the app for password storage:
snap connect focus-project:password-manager-service
Then just start with
focus-project or look for Trello in the launcher!
2 more for attaching files from/saving to your home directory:
snap connect focus-project:home snap connect focus-project:mount-observe
(Confession: when running it from the console, you'll also see a number of warnings, and perhaps an error about a missing
en locale, each of yet unidentified origins ¯\(ツ)/¯)
Some distros may not like this snap, Debian, Ubuntu Mate, ZorinOS 15 Core seem to pan out.
The app is currently free and will likely remain free of charge without ads for a broad audience (well, wouldn't ads just defeat the purpose? :) ) especially for personal, academic and open-source use.
Even for professional use, a very reasonable pricing is in mind.
Disclaimer: We are not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by or in any way officially connected to Trello, Inc. (https://trello.com/).
F|P is is just the beta of the Trello integration of a bigger thing to come (it does theoretically exist, stop laughing! :) )