What is a Text Expander?
A text expander is a program that detects when you type a specific keyword and replaces it with something else. This is useful in many ways:
- Save a lot of typing, expanding common sentences.
- Create system-wide code snippets.
- Execute custom scripts
- Use emojis like a pro.
- Works on Windows, macOS and Linux
- Works with almost any program
- Works with Emojis 😄
- Works with Images
- Date expansion support
- Custom scripts support
- Shell commands support
- App-specific configurations
- Expandable with packages
- Built-in package manager for espanso hub
- File based configuration
Visit the official documentation.
If you need some help to setup espanso, want to ask a question or simply get involved in the community, Join the official Subreddit! :)