Emacs is the extensible, customizable, self-documenting real-time display editor.
- Content-aware editing modes, including syntax coloring, for many file types.
- Complete built-in documentation, including a tutorial for new users.
- Full Unicode support for nearly all human scripts.
- Highly customizable, using Emacs Lisp code or a graphical interface.
- An entire ecosystem of functionality beyond text editing, including a project planner, mail and news reader, debugger interface, calendar, and more.
- A packaging system for downloading and installing extensions.
This snap is built via the build.snapcraft.io service from the snapcraft.yaml definition at https://github.com/alexmurray/emacs-snap to ensure source and build transparency.