Launch clouds from the terminal to monitor initial launch setup, although it should be smooth sailing. Subsequent launches can be done via the desktop icon. The Windows 10 ISO for English International is downloaded automatically. If you want to use an alternative locale you will need to source the ISO and save it to
~/snap/clouds/common/windows-installer.iso before running the app.
IMPORTANT Until the
kvm permission is automatically set by the store you must run
sudo snap connect clouds:kvm before running this app! (See https://forum.snapcraft.io/t/kvm-auto-connection-request-for-clouds/15854 for the request for the store to automatically do this)
This will boot to the Windows setup.
- Does not contain Windows, but downloads an installer image
- Initially launches with VM memory set to 2GiB
- Uses an editable launch script in ~/snap/clouds/common/launch
- Launches in a fixed resolution window
- Bundles qemu-virgil to provide the VM
- May be slow
- Patches welcome :)