Twilio Authy brings the future of strong authentication to the convenience of your Linux device.
The Twilio Authy app generates secure 2 step verification tokens on your device. It help’s you protect your account from hackers and hijackers by adding an additional layer of security.
Why Twilio Authy is the best multi factor authentication app:
Secure Cloud Backups: Did you lose your device and got locked out of all of your accounts? Twilio Authy provides secure cloud encrypted backups so you will never lose access to your tokens again. We use the same algorithm banks and the NSA use to protect their information.
Multi Device Synchronization: Are your re-scanning all your QR codes just to add them to your tablet and smartphone? With Twilio Authy you can simply add devices to your account and all of your 2FA tokens will automatically synchronize.
Offline: Still waiting for an SMS to arrive? Do you travel constantly and lose access to your accounts? Twilio Authy generates secure tokens offline from the safety of your Linux device, this way you can authenticate securely even when in airplane mode.
All of your accounts: We support most major multifactor authentication accounts including Facebook, Dropbox, Amazon, Gmail, and thousands of other providers. We also support 8 digit tokens.
Protect your bitcoins: Twilio Authy is the preferred two factor authentication solution to protect your bitcoin wallet. We are the default 2FA provider for trusted companies like Gemini, CEX.IO, BitGo and many others.
What is two factor authentication? "Two-factor authentication is one of the best things you can do to make sure your accounts don't get hacked" - LifeHacker https://authy.com/what-is-2fa/
Supported Linux distributions:
- Linux Mint
- Manjaro: Supported, but there’s a known issue where text is not displayed correctly in a pop-up window after the user clicks on “Log out and reset device”. The pop-up should say “You will lose any authenticator tokens that are not backed up. Are you sure you want to reset this device?”. The right button is to “Accept” and the left button is to “Cancel”.
- Other distributions may also work fine as well, but we have not tested them.
Are you a fan of Twilio Authy?
- Follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/authy
- Like us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/authysec
- Official webiste: https://www.authy.com/